N side of E German St, directly across the street from Christ Reformed Church. Here in 1795, the Lutherans built a beautiful brick church which served the congregation until 1908, when they constructed a new St. Peter’s on the SW corner of King and High Sts. The old church building burned in 1924. The church graveyard, established in 1774, remains intact but is no longer used. The old German schoolhouse still stands in the graveyard.
https://i0.wp.com/historicshepherdstown.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/48-First-St-Peters-site-graveyd.jpg?fit=760%2C428&ssl=1 428 760 bts4hsm https://historicshepherdstown.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/hsc_logo_dummy.png bts4hsm2015-10-22 16:53:492016-09-26 14:10:2150. The First St. Peter's Lutheran Church