https://i0.wp.com/historicshepherdstown.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/34-Community-Bldg-Fire-Hall.jpg?fit=310%2C480&ssl=1 480 310 bts4hsm https://historicshepherdstown.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/hsc_logo_dummy.png bts4hsm2015-11-05 20:58:472016-09-26 14:10:0636. Community Building and Fire Hall
36. Community Building and Fire Hall
SE corner of King and New Sts. Built in 1912, this red brick building of Gothic design with a square steepled tower at one corner housed the fire department and served as a community building, town hall, jailhouse, basketball court, sometime movie theater, and a gathering place for church suppers, bazaars, and entertainments by various religious and civic groups. After the fire company moved to a new fire house on Route 45 in 1987, the building remained empty for a time and now is privately owned.