From the corner of Princess and High Sts, N Princess makes a steep descent to the Potomac. Town Run falls here through a steep ravine where once gristmills, sawmills, manufacturing mills and warehouses took advantage of the water’s power. The only building left is the tobacco warehouse, authorized by Virginia’s General Assembly in 1788. The large stone building perhaps replaced an earlier wooden structure c.1800.
https://i0.wp.com/historicshepherdstown.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/52-Town-Run-Water-Pwr-Tobacco-Warehse.jpg?fit=640%2C480&ssl=1 480 640 bts4hsm https://historicshepherdstown.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/hsc_logo_dummy.png bts4hsm2015-10-18 17:01:542016-09-26 14:10:2154. Town Run Waterpower Area and Tobacco Warehouse