207 E German St. Built in 1865 by Dr. John Reynolds who served the town as a doctor for more than 40 years. As town mayor 1860 to 1862 he had to deal with a dangerous situation when unknown persons on the Shepherdstown side fired at Union pickets across the river, drawing a protest and threat from authorities on the Union side. Reynolds’ wife Katherine led a community fundraising drive for the town hall attached to McMurran Hall in 1889. The building was later named in her memory.
https://i0.wp.com/historicshepherdstown.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/43-Reynolds-House.jpg?fit=360%2C480&ssl=1 480 360 bts4hsm https://historicshepherdstown.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/hsc_logo_dummy.png bts4hsm2015-10-27 21:45:032016-09-26 14:10:2045. Reynolds House