Board Meeting - Agenda
July 7, 2010
Purpose: The purposes of the Historic Shepherdstown Commission are:
- To promote a greater and better Shepherdstown and a wider recognition of the assets which make it such a desirable community in which to live.
- To provide stewardship of the landmark Entler Hotel.
- To preserve Shepherdstown’s heritage from more than two centuries, its ancient landmarks, and a record of the varied contributions of its outstanding men and women through the Historic Shepherdstown Museum.
- To possess, by gift or purchase, artifacts and properties of historic value.
- Approval of Minutes from the June 2, 2010 HSC Board Meeting.
- New Procedure - Application for potential new board members
- Committee sign-ups
- Resource Development ( fundraising, events, gifts in kind)
- Marketing - publicity
- Community involvement (collaboration projects)
- Volunteer Development (recruitment, recognition)
- Programs (oral histories, preservation awards etc)
c. Upcoming Autumn Social - September 25, 2010
- Capital Campaign update
- Commitments for filling in of Administrators duties